from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A published account, review, or notice, especially a favorable one.
- n. Accounting An intentional overevaluation of a corporation's assets.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A written account of something, as a record.
- n. An increase made to the book value of an asset that was previously undervalued.
- n. A review published in the print or online media for a film, book, etc.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
I didn't see the game, but the write-up makes it sound like the fight was provoked by taunting.
For those that are curious about all of the details and reasoning behind this desktop, hit the link to check out the full write-up and a full-size screenshot of the desktop in action.
Hit the link for the full write-up, complete with pictures of each step.
According the the write-up on the website, the concern was about declining spring turkey harvests.
Reason I mention it is on this issue (#17, Feb/march 2009), there is a great write-up on FF2 by Thom Hutchinson.
What follows is the write-up I did on The Spirit of the Buddha, as well as several photographs from its pages.
Or check out these photos and a short write-up about her recent visit to the Shambhala Sun offices.
Hit the link for the write-up, and click through the slideshow for the details — the close-up photos make it worth the clicks.
Each picture is accompanied with a little write-up on how the user made their design choices and what they use the space for.
Thanks Lenn for the write-up. .hopefully we'll see you this summer
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.