from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One that gushes, especially an abundantly flowing gas or oil well.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. One that gushes
- n. An oil well that has a natural flow and so no pumping is needed.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who gushes.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. That which gushes; specifically, in local (American) use, an oil-well which throws out a very large quantity of oil without having to be pumped.
- n. One who is demonstratively emotional or sentimental.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an oil well with a strong natural flow so that pumping is not necessary
Sorry, no etymologies found.