from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An item, material or feature that makes something stiffer.
- v. Present participle of stiffen.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Act or process of making stiff.
- n. Something used to make anything stiff.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Something that is used to make a substance stiff or less soft, as starch.
- n. Something inserted to make a garment, or part of a garment, stiff and capable of keeping its shape. See buckram, crinoline.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the process of becoming stiff or rigid
- n. the act of becoming stiff
Sorry, no etymologies found.