from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A system or network of electrical circuits or equipment designed to operate together.
- n. A configuration of mechanical parts or devices providing a link between a supply source and a user: a gas hookup for a mobile home.
- n. A plan or schematic drawing of such a system or such a configuration.
- n. Informal A linkage or connection, often between unlikely associates or factors.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. For the purpose of connecting.
- n. A connection.
- n. A brief sexual relationship or encounter; a fling.
- n. A sexual partner
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a device providing a connection between a power source and a user
- n. a system of components assembled together for a particular purpose
Sorry, no etymologies found.