from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Present participle of knot.
- n. The formation of a knot.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A kind of fancy work made with twisted and knotted threads, and closely imitating some old forms of lace.
- n. In cloth-manuf., the operation of removing knots from cloths with tweezers.
- n. A kind of cement especially useful for metals and as a covering for protection from the weather. It is made with red lead, carefully ground, and thinned with boiled oil and a little turpentine.
Sorry, no etymologies found.