from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The act of federating, especially a joining together of states into a league or federal union.
- n. A league or association formed by federating, especially a government or political body established through federal union.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Act of joining together into a single political entity.
- n. Array of nations or states that are unified under one central authority which is elected by its members.
- n. Any society or organisation formed from separate groups or bodies.
- adj. Of an architectural style popular around the time of federation.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of uniting in a league; confederation.
- n. A league; a confederacy; a federal or confederated government.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of uniting in confederation by league and covenant.
- n. A league; a confederacy; a federal alliance.
- n. A federal government, as that of the United States, Switzerland, or Germany.
- n. Synonyms See confederation.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a union of political organizations
- n. an organization formed by merging several groups or parties
- n. the act of constituting a political unity out of a number of separate states or colonies or provinces so that each member retains the management of its internal affairs
The creation of the federation is being announced at a Tea Party Express rally Thursday morning in St. Paul, Minnesota.
We must emphasise that a federation is a highly contemporary form of government with a broad capacity to accommodate itself to the challenge of tomorrow.
In such matters, the federation is the farmers 'spokesman, and when their officers tell us what they want, we know they are speaking for the common farmer, instead of merely using the farmer as a tool to advance their own ideas.
DMC, the federation is nothing more than an impotent union.
Roll Call: Even as the AFL-CIO braces for losses among its Democratic allies in Congress, the union federation is mobilizing its grass-roots operation in the weeks leading up to the midterm elections.
Right now the federation is running the league, which is not an optimal situation for anyone, Garber said.
According to a statement from the Tea Party Express, one of the groups participating, the federation is being "established to create a unified message and media response amongst key leadership and their affiliates."
"Clubs are very well aware of the landscape, and I'm sure the fact that the Russian federation is not currently participating in the player transfer agreement will factor into clubs 'evaluations of players and their decisions on who to draft and when."
The federation is nothing more than a board of executives who really do not care about the Police in General.
The Norwegian delegation will be dressed in red and white gear equipped with hoods rimmed with fur, probably from Chinese raccoon dogs, but the sports federation is investigating the fur's origin.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.