from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The act of coalescing.
- n. The merging of two segments into one resulting from mutual assimilation.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act or state of growing together, as similar parts; the act of uniting by natural affinity or attraction; the state of being united; union; concretion.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of coalescing or uniting; the state of being intimately joined.
- n. In botany, the organic union of similar parts.
- n. In psychology: the combination of a number of sensible data into a single object-perception.
- n. The unremarked assimilation of a mental content to other mental contents or to conscious dispositions.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the union of diverse things into one body or form or group; the growing together of parts
Sorry, no etymologies found.