from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The act of extinguishing, putting out, or quenching, or the state of being extinguished.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of extinguishing, putting out, or quenching, or the state of being extinguished; extinction; suppression; destruction; nullification.
- n. The annihilation or extinction of a right or obligation.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act or process of extinguishing; a bringing to an end: as, the extinguishment of a fire, or of life.
- n. In law, the extinction or annihilation of a right, an estate, etc., by merging or consolidating it with another, generally with one greater or more extensive.
Sorry, no etymologies found.