from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The act of penetrating between or within other substances; mutual penetration.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act or process of penetrating between or within other substances; mutual penetration; also, the result of a process of interpenetration.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of interpenetrating; reciprocal or mutual penetration; the occupation of the same space by the parts of two bodies.
- n. In late medieval arch., from the end of the fifteenth century, the system of continuing moldings which meet each other independently past, the intersection, and generally of considering the identity of various architectural members as preserved after one has come to coincide partly with another or to be swallowed up in it, so that, for instance, the angles and edges of a square member which has become united with a member having a curved surface are shown on the curved surface as if projecting through it.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the action of penetrating between or among
- n. mutual penetration; diffusion of each through the other
inter- + penetration (Wiktionary)