from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A wainscoted wall or walls; paneling.
- n. Material, such as wood, used for wainscoting.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Alternative spelling of wainscotting.
- v. Alternative spelling of wainscotting.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act or occupation of covering or lining with boards in panel.
- n. The material used to wainscot a house, or the wainscot as a whole; panelwork.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Wainscot, or the material used for it.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a wainscoted wall (or wainscoted walls collectively)
- n. wooden panels that can be used to line the walls of a room
Sorry, no etymologies found.