from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A crossing in the shape of an X.
- n. Anatomy An X-shaped crossing, especially of nerves or bands of nerve fibers, connecting corresponding parts on opposite sides of the brain or spinal cord.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A crossing or intersection of lines etc. so as to form an X-shape.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Act of crossing at an acute angle, or state of being thus crossed; an intersection in the form of an X
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of crossing or intersecting; an intersection; the crossing of two lines, rays, fibers of nerves, etc.
- n. The state of being decussated, or that which decussates; a chiasm.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an intersection or crossing of two tracts in the form of the letter X
From Latin decussationem, from decussare. (Wiktionary)