from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The act or state of vanishing away; disappearance;
- n. The event of fading and gradually vanishing from sight;
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act or state of vanishing away; disappearance.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A vanishing away; gradual departure or disappearance; dissipation, as of vapor.
- n. The quality of being evanescent; liability to vanish and escape observation or possession: as, the evanescence of mist or dew; the evanescence of earthly hopes.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the event of fading and gradually vanishing from sight
Sorry, no etymologies found.