from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The action of disappearing or vanishing.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of disappearing; cessation of appearance; removal from sight; vanishing.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of disappearing; removal or withdrawal from sight or knowledge; a ceasing to appear or to exist: as, the disappearance of the sun, or of a race of animals.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the act of leaving secretly or without explanation
- n. ceasing to exist
- n. the event of passing out of sight
- n. gradually ceasing to be visible
Sorry, no etymologies found.