from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Habitual failure to appear, especially for work or other regular duty.
- n. The rate of occurrence of habitual absence from work or duty.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The practice of absenting one's self from the country or district where one's estate is situated.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The state or practice of an absentee; esp. the practice of absenting one's self from the country or district where one's estate is situated.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The practice or habit of being an absentee; the practice of absenting one's self from one's country, station, estate, etc.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. habitual absence from work
absentee + -ism (Wiktionary)