from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Habitual failure to appear, especially for work or other regular duty.
- n. The rate of occurrence of habitual absence from work or duty.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The practice of absenting one's self from the country or district where one's estate is situated.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The state or practice of an absentee; esp. the practice of absenting one's self from the country or district where one's estate is situated.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The practice or habit of being an absentee; the practice of absenting one's self from one's country, station, estate, etc.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. habitual absence from work
Another cause of widespread absenteeism is the fact that many teachers are posted to remote rural districts to which they have no previous ties or inclination to live.
Reductions in absenteeism and improvements in worker productivity resulting from better health outcomes because of expanded coverage would particularly benefit small businesses.
ME/CFS is the biggest single cause of long-term absenteeism among schoolchildren.
Reason #9 The 4 Day Work Week would mean a reduction in absenteeism
The chaotic state of the world as evidence of divine absenteeism is a topic for another day.
Employers are expected to see a dramatic spike in absenteeism as workers play hooky to see “Star Wars: Episode III — Revenge of the Sith,” when it opens May 19, according to a new report.
STRESS-RELATED absence levels have increased in the past year and are the main cause of long-term absenteeism in the public sector, according to new research today.
* Check that existing business continuity contingency plans address long-term absenteeism rates.
Virtual Entrepreneur: * Check that existing business continuity contingency plans address long-term absenteeism rates.
MacKay noted the financial cost of long-term absenteeism is also trending downwards.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.