from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The act or process of secreting saliva.
- n. An abnormally abundant flow of saliva.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The process of producing saliva, drooling.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act or process of salivating; an excessive secretion of saliva, often accompanied with soreness of the mouth and gums; ptyalism.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An abnormally abundant flow of saliva; the act or process of salivating, or producing an excessive secretion of saliva, generally by means of mercury; ptyalism.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the secretion of saliva
From Latin salīvātiō. (Wiktionary)