from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Inflammation of the intestinal tract, especially of the small intestine.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Inflammation of the intestines, generally the small intestine, that may lead to diarrhea.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. An inflammation of the intestines.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In pathology, inflammation of the intestines.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. inflammation of the intestine (especially the small intestine); usually characterized by diarrhea
From Ancient Greek ἔντερον (enteron, "intestine") + -itis (Wiktionary)