from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Inflammation of one or both of the testes, often occurring as a result of mumps or other infection, trauma, or metastasis.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A painful inflammation of one or both testes.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Inflammation of the testicles.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In pathology, inflammation of the testis. Also orchiditis.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. inflammation of one or both testes; characterized by pain and swelling
Greek orkhis, testicle + -itis.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
orchi- (“testicular”) + -itis (“inflammation”), from Ancient Greek ὄρχις (orkhis, "testicle, ovary, orchid") (English orchid), from Proto-Indo-European *h₃erǵʰi-. (Wiktionary)