from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A painful condition of the lower back, as one resulting from muscle strain or a slipped disk.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Backache of the lumbar region or lower back, which can be caused by muscle strain or a slipped disk.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A rheumatic pain in the loins and the small of the back.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In pathology, myalgia in the lumbar region.
- n. Same as chine-gall.
- To afflict with lumbago.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. backache affecting the lumbar region or lower back; can be caused by muscle strain or arthritis or vascular insufficiency or a ruptured intervertebral disc
Late Latin lumbāgō, from Latin lumbus, loin.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)