from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Any of various acute or chronic inflammations of the kidneys, such as Bright's disease.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Inflammation of the kidney.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. An inflammation of the kidneys.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In pathology, inflammation of the kidneys. See Bright's disease, under disease.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an inflammation of the kidney
nephro- + -itis (Wiktionary)