from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The presence of excessive gas in the digestive tract.
- n. Self-importance; pomposity.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The state of having gas, often malodorous, trapped (and often released, frequently with noise) in the digestive system of a human and some other animals; wind; and when released, a flatus, a fart.
- n. The release of such gas, farting.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The state or quality of being flatulent.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The state of being flatulent, or affected by wind in the stomach or other portion of the alimentary canal; windiness; hence, airiness; emptiness; vanity.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. pompously embellished language
- n. a state of excessive gas in the alimentary canal
flatulent + -ence, of Latin origin, ultimately flō ("breathe, blow"). (Wiktionary)