from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The quality of being pompous; self-importance.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The quality or state of being pompous; pompousness.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Pompous conduct or character; pompousness; ostentation.
- n. Synonyms Pompousness may be used in a good sense; pomposity always expresses something objectionable. See pomp and pompous.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. lack of elegance as a consequence of being pompous and puffed up with vanity
Sorry, no etymologies found.