from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The state of being lofty.
- n. arrogance or haughtiness
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The state or quality of being lofty.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The state or quality of being lofty or high; remarkable height or elevation.
- n. Elevation of character, sentiment, or feeling; the state of being elevated, as by high thought, or puffed up, as by pride or vanity; grandeur; sublimity; haughtiness; arrogance.
- n. Synonyms Pride, Presumption, etc. See arrogance.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. impressiveness in scale or proportion
- n. the quality of being high or lofty
Sorry, no etymologies found.