from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The state of being sublime.
- n. Something sublime.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The quality or state of being sublime (in any sense of the adjective).
- n. That which is sublime.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The state of being sublime; that character or quality of anything which marks it as sublime: grandeur.
- n. Loftiness of conception; exaltation of sentiment or style.
- n. Grandeur; vastness; majesty, whether exhibited in the works of nature or of art: as, the sublimity of a scene or of a building.
- n. That which is sublime; a sublime person or thing.
- n. The highest degree of its highest quality of which anything is capable; climax; acme.
- n. See the adjectives.
- n. Synonyms See sublime.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. nobility in thought or feeling or style
Sorry, no etymologies found.