American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. The state or quality of being serene.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The quality or condition of being serene; clearness; calmness; quietness; stillness; peace: as, the serenity of the air or sky.
- n. Calmness of mind; tranquillity of temper; placidity.
- n. A title of dignity or courtesy given to certain princes and high dignitaries. It is an approximate translation of the German Durchlaucht, more commonly rendered Serene Highness. See serene, 3.
- n. The state of being serene; calmness; peacefulness.
- n. A lack of agitation or disturbance.
- n. A title given to a reigning prince or similar dignitary.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. The quality or state of being serene; clearness and calmness; quietness; stillness; peace.
- n. Calmness of mind; eveness of temper; undisturbed state; coolness; composure.
- n. the absence of mental stress or anxiety
- n. a disposition free from stress or emotion
- serene + -ity (Wiktionary)
“But, suffice it to say, it had something to do with the word serenity.”
“So I agree that serenity is not much a creativity factor.”
“Caitlyn, on March 19th, 2009 at 3: 01 pm Said: serenity is one of my all time favorite films.”
“Look at her face, the expression of serenity—and yet power.”
“In Chiapas, there is nothing to be done about the noise so one doesn´t worry about it thereby gaining a certain serenity and this is not unique to Mexico.”
“I think serenity is a bit overrated because of the “struggle” it has gone through.”
“However, if your week is anything like mine, this may be just what you need to attain serenity (not to mention save your voice).”
“This approach to landscaping is commonly referred to as serenity gardening.”
“Driving metrics is the generation of value long term serenity of the business, and long term growth that we can have with this project.”
“But the serenity is short-lived, as Esther begins to exhibit behavior that is anything but what one would expect from a normal little girl.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘serenity’.
A complete Barron's Wordlist for GRE preparation. Your online flashcard replacement.
Words that sound beautiful when spoken
All my favourite words that I come across!
Words that have been used as baby names, including virtue names, nature names, place names, etc.
The title is an actual name given to a Puritan boy in the 17th century.
Words to do with Joss Whedon things, like Buffy, Firefly.
Looking for tweets for serenity.