from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The state of being placid; peacefulness.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The quality or state of being placid; calmness; serenity.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The state or character of being placid; tranquillity; peacefulness; quietness; calmness.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a feeling of calmness; a quiet and undisturbed feeling
- n. a disposition free from stress or emotion
From Latin placiditās ("mildness, placidity"). (Wiktionary)