from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The state, condition, or quality of being great; as, greatness of size, greatness of mind, power, etc.
- n. : Pride; haughtiness.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The state, condition, or quality of being great
- n. Pride; haughtiness.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The state or quality of being great.
- n. Great degree, amount, estimation, importance, or the like: as, greatness of genius or devotion; the greatness of a service or an enterprise.
- n. Elevation of rank or station; power; dignity; distinction; eminence.
- n. Self-esteem; arrogance.
- n. Moral elevation; magnanimity; nobleness: as, greatness of mind.
- n. Force; intensity: as, the greatness of sound, of heat, etc.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. unusual largeness in size or extent or number
- n. the property possessed by something or someone of outstanding importance or eminence
Old English greátnes. (Wiktionary)