from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Greatness of quantity, degree, or extent.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Large size or bulk; bigness; size; magnitude (large or small).
- n. Greatness in quantity, number, amount, or degree.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Greatness; extent.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The state of being much; large quantity.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. greatness of quantity or measure or extent
From Middle English muchelnesse, michelnesse ("greatness, magnitude"), from Old English mycelnes, micelnes ("greatness, size, mass, quantity, multitude, abundance, magnificence, great deed"), equivalent to much + -ness. Cognate with Old High German michilnessi ("greatness, magnitude"). Compare also mickleness. (Wiktionary)