from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The state or quality of being predominant; preponderance.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. the condition or state of being predominant; ascendancy, domination, preeminence or preponderance
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The quality or state of being predominant; superiority; ascendency; prevalence; predomination.
- n. The superior influence of a planet.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The quality of being predominant; prevalence over others; superiority in power, authority, or influence; domination; preponderance.
- n. In astrology, the superior influence of a planet; ascendancy.
- n. Synonyms Preëminence, etc. (see priority), mastery.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the quality of being more noticeable than anything else
- n. the state of being predominant over others
Sorry, no etymologies found.