from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The state or quality of being obvious.
- n. Biology The state or quality of being open, expanded, or unblocked.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The degree of openness of a tube, such as a blood vessel or catheter; the relative absence of blockage. Measured in percent.
- n. Obviousness; clarity.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The condition of being open, enlarged, or spread.
- n. The state of being patent or evident.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The state of being patent or evident.—2. The state of being spread open or enlarged, Dunglison.
- n. Specifically, in pathology, the state of being open or pervious, as a tube or canal.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the openness (lack of obstruction) of a bodily passage or duct
- n. the property of being easy to see and understand
patent + -cy (Wiktionary)