from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The quality or condition of being supreme.
- n. Supreme power or authority.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The quality of being supreme.
- n. Power over all others.
- n. When used with a designation for a particular group, the assertion that the group in question is superior to or should rule over others.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The state of being supreme, or in the highest station of power; highest or supreme authority or power.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The state of being supreme, or in the highest station of power; also, highest authority or power.
- n. An English statute of 1558–9 (1 Eliz., c. 1) vesting spiritual authority in the crown, to the exclusion of all foreign jurisdiction.
- n. Synonyms Predominance, etc. (sec priority), sovereignty, domination, mastery.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. power to dominate or defeat
Sorry, no etymologies found.