American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. The condition or fact of being dominant.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Rule; control; authority; ascendancy.
- n. In biology, the visible manifestation by a cross-bred organism and by some of its descendants of one or two mutually antagonistic parental characters to the exclusion of the other.
- n. The state of being dominant; of prime importance; supremacy.
- n. Being in a position of power, authority or ascendancy over others.
- n. The superior development or preference for one side of the body or of one of a pair of organs; such as being right-handed.
- n. The property of a gene such that it supresses the expression of its allele.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. Predominance; ascendency; authority.
- n. the organic phenomenon in which one of a pair of alleles present in a genotype is expressed in the phenotype and the other allele of the pair is not
- n. superior development of one side of the body
- n. the state that exists when one person or group has power over another
- n. the power or right to give orders or make decisions
“Their complaints have centred on under-representation and what they called the dominance of the Iranian-backed Shia.”
“Through systematic replacement of pride and dignity with guilt and insecurity, long term dominance is maintained.”
“Ruderman wants to "cement" what she calls her "dominance" on the money front.”
“Their complaints have centred on under-representation and what they called the dominance of the Iranian-backed”
“We still have not figured out how to relate to a global economy in which our dominance is inevitably going to be reduced; we have made very little progress in addressing the ever-more pressing problem of global climate change; and the increasing ethnic and cultural diversity of the country is creating tensions that cry out for innovative approaches.”
“Success today won't guarantee long-term dominance.”
“Anyone who thinks that non-Whites will favor dropping AA policies upon gaining demographic dominance is delusional. elliott”
“Firstly, the era of North American and European scientific dominance is ending, with fundamental implications not just for the global economy but also geopolitics.”
“But alphas can also be created - as Riley says in Branded, dominance is fluid.”
“Looking back, it seems like the unity demonstrated by Africans as they fought against colonialism and imperialistic dominance is no longer there.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘dominance’.
Use these and get promoted
verbs Adj Adv noun
Words that used far too commonly in fanfic, which I wouldn't notice if I didn't belong to so many sporking comms on LiveJournal.
Looking for tweets for dominance.