from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A rare personal quality attributed to leaders who arouse fervent popular devotion and enthusiasm.
- n. Personal magnetism or charm: a television news program famed for the charisma of its anchors.
- n. Christianity An extraordinary power, such as the ability to perform miracles, granted by the Holy Spirit.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Personal charm or magnetism
- n. An extraordinary power granted by the Holy Spirit
- n. The ability to influence without the use of logic.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Same as charism.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a personal attractiveness or interestingness that enables you to influence others
He deserves support because his charisma is a big asset to the game.
There is no denying that he has what they call charisma.
With an 80 percent approval rating after eight years in office, the bearded, roly-poly former union leader who oozes charisma is everywhere, virtually assuring victory for his handpicked successor, Dilma Rousseff.
Fillion brings his standard playful charisma to the part, but here that charisma is subtly undercut by a sense of emptiness and a quiet desperation.
I agree that charisma is important in a presidential candidate.
Well, experience and positions WILL play a part (As they did with Obama), but charisma is going to count, too.
Evidently the calico's predatory charisma is huge, and she is brilliant at directing the evil eye at other cats.
He has a certain charisma that I find inspiring and that young people need to see & hear to get them excited about basic science.
He's got the right package as far as political charisma is concern, and he wasn't all about saying NO when the rest of his party was going down that road.
Taylor from the start had a rare intensity, sincerity, confidence and vulnerability, and she was blessed with that indefinable, attention-grabbing presence we call charisma.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.