from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The act or practice of enticing, of alluring or tempting; as, the enticements of evil companions.
- n. That which entices, or incites to evil; means of allurement; an alluring object; as, an enticement to sin.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act or practice of alluring or tempting.
- n. That which entices, or incites to evil; means of allurement; alluring object.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act or practice of enticing or of inducing or instigating by exciting hope or desire; allurement; attraction; especially, the act of alluring or inducing to evil: as, the enticements of evil companions.
- n. Means of enticing; inducement; incitement; anything that attracts by exciting desire or pleasing expectation.
- n. The state or condition of being enticed, seduced, or led astray.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the act of influencing by exciting hope or desire
- n. qualities that attract by seeming to promise some kind of reward
- n. something that seduces or has the quality to seduce
Sorry, no etymologies found.