from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To call by a wrong name.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To call (someone) bad names; to insult, abuse.
- v. To call (something) by the wrong name.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To call by a wrong name; to name improperly.
- transitive v. To call by a bad name; to abuse.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To call by a wrong name; name improperly.
- To give an unworthy name or character to; berate; revile.
- Synonyms To misname; misterm.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. assign in incorrect name to
From mis- + call. (Wiktionary)