American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. An adherent of Unitarian Universalism.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to Universalism: as, Universalist views.
- n. One who, professing the Christian faith, believes that all mankind will eventually be redeemed from sin and suffering, and brought back to holiness and God. The name is properly applicable to all those who hold to the final salvation of all men; but it is specifically applied to a body of Christians with a distinct church organization, who, like the Unitarians, have no authoritative symbol of doctrine, and on other points than the salvation of the race differ among themselves.
- n. [lowercase] One who affects to understand everything.
- n. A follower of Universalism
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. (Theol.) One who believes in Universalism; one of a denomination of Christians holding this faith.
- n. obsolete One who affects to understand all the particulars in statements or propositions.
- adj. Of or pertaining to Unversalists of their doctrines.
- adj. of or relating to or tending toward universalism
“For to be a Universalist is oftentim [e] s only to have a pretext for not being a christian.”
“Can anyone add or change, confirm, etc what was the first church with the name Universalist?”
“It has never identified as Universalist and reports everywhere that it is”
“I'm just trying to figure out what interpretation of "Universalist" you're using, if you think it means embracing and loving less than the whole universe.”
“Universalist" sounds too hippy and/or wishy-washy.”
“His theology was Arian and 'Universalist' (i.e. holding the doctrine of a final universal salvation); his Anti-Calvinism came out forcibly in his protests against the revivalist excesses.”
“As a Universalist, I believe that whatever you believe in or believe to be God is correct.”
“I am not clear how this could be achieved unless you match religion and culture (or perhaps only allow families that are Unitarian Universalist, although that could even be a mismatch if the background of the child is a fundamental branch of organized religion).”
“Why then did I encourage my church, Live Oak Unitarian Universalist Church to make a special offering to help NAMCC build their Mosque?”
“As a Unitarian Universalist I worship at the altar of everyone and no one.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘Universalist’.
Looking for tweets for Universalist.