from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To call by a wrong name.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A wrong, unsuitable, misleading, or injurious name or designation; misnomer.
- v. To call by a wrong name.
- v. To give an unsuitable or injurious name to; name incorrectly.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To call by the wrong name; to give a wrong or inappropriate name to.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To call by a wrong name; give an unsuitable or injurious name to.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. assign in incorrect name to
From mis- + name. (Wiktionary)