from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. attractiveness, allure or charisma
- n. an enticement, inducement or bait
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act alluring; temptation; enticement.
- n. That which allures; any real or apparent good held forth, or operating, as a motive to action.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of alluring or attracting.
- n. That which allures; any real or apparent good held forth or operating as a motive to action; a temptation; an enticement: as, the allurements of pleasure or of honor.
- n. Attractiveness; fascination; charm.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the power to entice or attract through personal charm
- n. attractiveness
- n. the act of enticing a person to do something wrong (as an offer of sex in return for money)
Sorry, no etymologies found.