from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The act of preaching.
- n. A tiresome or unwelcome moral lecture or discourse; tedious sermonizing.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An instance of preaching; a sermon or homily
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A religious harangue; a sermon; -- used derogatively.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A sermon; a lecture upon moral or religious subjects; hence, in contempt, any discourse affectedly solemn, or full of obtrusive or tedious advice.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a sermon on a moral or religious topic
Sorry, no etymologies found.