from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Opposition, especially in speech.
- n. Refusal to accept or believe something.
- n. Contradiction.
- n. Denial; denying.
- n. Rebellious opposition; rebellion.
- v. Present participle of gainsay.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Opposition, especially in speech; refusal to accept or believe something; contradiction; denial.
- n. Rebellious opposition; rebellion Core.
From Middle English gaynesayenge, ȝeinseiing, ȝeinsegging, equivalent to gainsay + -ing. (Wiktionary)
From gainsay. (Wiktionary)