from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Something offered to allure or attract; an inducement, especially to buy.
- n. Slang A sexual or romantic approach or proposal.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Something intended to attract, as in an advertisement.
- n. A statement or sometimes action reflecting sexual or relational interest.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. anything that serves as an enticement
- n. qualities that attract by seeming to promise some kind of reward
Sorry, no etymologies found.