from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Seductive; alluring: a come-hither look.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. seductive or alluring
- n. A persuasive attitude; a binding spell
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A persuasive call to a child or an animal. Compare comether.
- n. A call to a horse to come toward one: usually to the left side, where the carter walks when driving with out reins.
Sorry, no etymologies found.