from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The sacred text of Islam, considered by Muslims to contain the revelations of God to Muhammad. Also called Alcoran.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Alternative spelling of Qur'an.
- proper n. Alternative spelling of the Qur'an.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The Scriptures of the Muslims, containing the professed revelations to Mohammed; -- called also Alcoran.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The book which contains the religious and moral code of the Mohammedans, and by which all their transactions, civil, legal, military, etc., are regulated.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the sacred writings of Islam revealed by God to the prophet Muhammad during his life at Mecca and Medina
Arabic (al-)qur'ān, (the) reading, recitation, Koran, from qara'a, to read, recite; see qrא in Semitic roots.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)