from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- The largest city and former official capital of Côte d'Ivoire, in the southern part of the country on an enclosed lagoon of the Gulf of Guinea. Although Yamoussoukro was designated the new capital in 1983, Abidjan remains the administrative center. Population: 2,880,000.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. The de facto capital and largest city of Côte d'Ivoire.
- adj. Of or relating to Abidjan.
- adj. Of the style prevalent in Abidjan.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. city recognized by the United States as the capital of the Ivory Coast; largest city of the Ivory Coast
Sorry, no etymologies found.