from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A reestablishing of cordial relations, as between two countries.
- n. The state of reconciliation or of cordial relations.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The reestablishment of cordial relations, particularly between two countries; a reconciliation.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Act or fact of coming or being drawn near or together; establishment or state of cordial relations.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A coming or bringing together or into accord; establishment of harmonious relations; reconciliation.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the reestablishing of cordial relations
A goal of European rapprochement is to drive Damascus away from its regional ally Iran.
A great many well-meaning scholars believe that such rapprochement is both possible and desirable.
Here we come to the third reason why transatlantic rapprochement is so unlikely: the precipitous decline of European Christianity over the past three decades.
Nevertheless, there are three strong reasons for doubting that real transatlantic rapprochement is possible.
The passing of time also has brought a certain rapprochement between the
Moscow Times, this episode won't damage long-term rapprochement between the US and Russia.
For the Moscow Times, this episode won't damage long-term rapprochement between the US and Russia.
NEW DELHI: The shock value of the Bahujan Samaj Party's open embrace of the Congress in the Lok Sabha notwithstanding, the indication so far is that it is a standalone rescue act rather than any kind of long-term rapprochement between the two bitter rivals.
A similar question applies to the article - does it REALLY indocaate aany fundamental agreement, one which would stand the test of time and lead to a long-term rapprochement?
Obama therefore called a rapprochement between India and Pakistan a key objective of U.S. foreign policy.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.