from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The quality or state of being one; singleness or wholeness.
- n. Singularity; uniqueness.
- n. A state or condition of perfect harmony or accord: "He intuited global truths. He thrilled at his oneness with humanity” ( Sally Jacobs).
- n. Sameness of character: the disagreeable oneness of roadside landscapes.
- n. Unison; agreement: oneness of mind and purpose.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. State of being one or undivided; unity.
- n. The product of being one or undivided.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The state of being one; singleness in number; individuality; unity.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The quality of being just one, and neither more nor less than one; unity; union.
- n. Sameness; uniformity; identity.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the quality of being united into one
From Middle English *onnes, from Old English ānnes ("oneness, unity, agreement, covenant, solitude"), equivalent to one + -ness. (Wiktionary)