from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The state or quality of being right.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The characteristic of being right; correctness.
- n. The result or product of being right.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Straightness.
- n. The quality or state of being right; right relation.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The state or character of being right.
- n. Straightness; directness: as, the rightness of a line.
- n. Conformity with the laws regulating conduct; uprightness; rectitude; righteousness.
- n. Propriety; appropriateness; fittingness.
- n. Correctness; truth: as, the rightness of a conjecture.
- n. The state or attribute of being on the right hand; hence, in psychology, the sensation or perception of such a position or attribute.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. according with conscience or morality
- n. conformity to fact or truth
- n. conformity with some esthetic standard of correctness or propriety
- n. appropriate conduct; doing the right thing
From right + -ness (Wiktionary)