from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The quality of being bad.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The state of being bad.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The state of being bad, evil, vicious, depraved, wrong, improper, erroneous, etc.; want or deficiency of good qualities, physical or moral: as, the badness of the heart, of the season, of the roads, etc. See bad.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an attribute of mischievous children
- n. that which is below standard or expectations as of ethics or decency
- n. used of the degree of something undesirable e.g. pain or weather
My badness is also well documented and laid bare for the world to see. heather Said,
The fact, as already pointed on here, is that kids attain badness, only a tiny number are born bad.
All this badness is clearly stemming from our wonderful executive branch.
With lively illustrations, catchy, nasty nursery rhymes and loads of mischief, this celebration of badness is a complete hit in our family.
In WHIP, though, the AL still has the edge in badness
And the exquisite consolation, when you have ascertained the badness of all fact, in knowing that badness is inferior to goodness, to the end -- it only rubs the pessimism in.
What people call goodness has to be kept in check just as carefully as what they call badness; for the human constitution will not stand very much of either without serious psychological mischief, ending in insanity or crime.
Our own badness is so far from excusing us in not reproving, that our being by it rendered unfit to reprove is an aggravation of our badness; I must not say, "I have a beam in my own eye, and therefore I will not help my brother with the mote out of his."
Former badness is no bar to God's present grace and mercy.
It’s one thing to bask in badness because it’s “cool” — it’s another to talk about it as an issue that haunts many mothers.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.