from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The property of being rare; rarity
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The state or quality of being rare.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Thinness; tenuity; rarity: as, the rareness of air or vapor.
- n. The state of being scarce, or of happening seldom; uncommonness; infrequeney.
- n. Uncommon character or quality; especially, unusual excellence, fineness, or the like.
- n. The state of being rare or underdone in cooking.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. noteworthy scarcity
rare + -ness (Wiktionary)