from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The property of being scarce.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The quality or condition of being scarce; smallness of quantity in proportion to the wants or demands; deficiency; lack of plenty; short supply; penury.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The state or condition of being scarce.
- n. Deficiency; dearth.
- n. Bareness; infrequency of occurrence; uncommonness.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a small and inadequate amount
scarce + -ness (Wiktionary)