from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The quality or condition of being inadequate.
- n. An instance of being inadequate; a failing or lack.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. the state of being inadequate
- n. a shortage of required material
- n. a lack of competence or ability
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The quality or state of being inadequate or insufficient; defectiveness; insufficiency; inadequateness.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The state or quality of being inadequate, insufficient, or disproportionate; incompleteness; defectiveness.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. lack of an adequate quantity or number
- n. a lack of competence
- n. unsatisfactoriness by virtue of being inadequate
Sorry, no etymologies found.